A. Install Stop Sensors Into Track
Tools Required: Drill with 1/4 Inch Bit, pencil or tape,
- Mark a line with pencil or tape across track at designated finish line
- Drill a 1/4 Inch hole in center of each lane. Note: BestTrack can provide this hole Pre-drilled.
- Insert stop sensor into each hole from bottom side of the track. Push each sensor up so that it extends about 1/4 Inch above the track surface.
- Lane 1 is Orange Wire
- Lane 2 is Green Wire
- Lane 3 is Blue Wire
- Lane 4 is Brown Wire ** This will be unused on a 3 Lane Setup ** Coil and Stow beneath the track.
- Leave about 8-10 Inches of Stop Sensor cable extending beyond edge of track so that the RJ-45 connector can plug into TwinTurbo once the Display is installed.
- Once complete, push the sensors down into the hole to be flush with track surface. They can be tape in place or lightly glued if desired.
Note: Wood Tracks and Microwizard Aluminum Tracks should be elevated slightly off the floor at finish line to allow some space to route the stop sensor cabling.
B. Mount TwinTurbo Display to Track
Tools Required: 5/32" Allen Wrench. Optional Drill, Drill Bits and either Wood Screw or Machine Screw with Nuts
For tracks with no raised sidewall, the TwinTurbo Display can be mounted to the track, or set to straddle the track with no rigid mounting.
2 Pieces of 1"x1"x9" Angled Aluminum are using to provide support bases for the T-Slot Posts that extend vertically from Display Board to the track.
The angled Aluminum attaches with T-Slot nut and Screw to the T-Slot Post in one of several ways.
Mounting Option 1: T-Slot Post On Angled Aluminum
With this approach the Angled Aluminum is fastened to the T-Slot Post on the inside edge, closest to the track.
For a Wood Track, the Angled Aluminum can be drilled and attached to the track using a Wood Screw if desired.
The Angled Aluminum can also be freestanding with no attachment to the track if desired.
Mounting Option 2: T-Slot Post to Side of Angled Aluminum
The Angled Aluminum is mounted to the T-Slot Post on the side edge, facing the track. In this case the lip of the Angled Aluminum sits underneath the track.
Just as with Option 1, if the track is a wood track, the Angled Aluminum can be drilled and screw into the side of the track. For Aluminum tracks the track surface and Angled Aluminum can both be drilled and the Angled Aluminum piece attached to the Track
If the Angled Aluminum is left attached to the track the T-Slot post can be disconnected using a 5/32 Allen Key and Display Board lifted up and off the T-Slot Nut.
Mounting Option 3: T-Slot Post to Side of Angled Aluminum
The Angled Aluminum is mounted to the T-Slot Post on the side edge, away from the track.
This option is free-standing only. Not attachment to the track.
On Tracks with Less than 4 lanes, the side for Lane 4 will be open and the mount for this side will not attach to the track and will be free standing, similar to Mounting Option 3. The picture below shows a 3 Lane Setup with BestTrack Aluminum track.
C. Install Start Switch
Tools Required: Drill with 3/32 Inch Bit, Small Phillips screw driver.
- Depending on the Start Lever implementation you may use the supplied 2-56 machine screws to mount the Start Switch with placement as shown in picture below. The 2-56 screws require a 3/32 inch hole size.
- The Start Switch should be installed so that the switch is held closed when the Starting Peg is up, blocking the cars from starting. The Switch should open when the lever is moved to start the race.
D. Connect Cables
- Run cable from Start Switch down to finish line and plug into the TwinTurbo where labelled.
- Connect the Stop Sensor cable (RJ45) into the TwinTurbo until it snaps in place.
- If a PC will be connected, connect the USB cable from TwinTurbo to PC.
- When ready, Plug in the 12V Power cable to TwinTurbo to Initiate the timer startup sequence.